How much time before someone’s wedding do you throw a bridal shower?

What type of gifts do you give at a fairy tale theme bridal shower?
July 28, 2011
Since there is a website that allows you to buy a Russian Bride do you think there should be one that sells?
July 28, 2011

How much time before someone’s wedding do you throw a bridal shower?

Boom Boom! asked:

So I am maid of honor at my bestest girl’s wedding, which is on Feb. 7th. 2009….so I am responsible for throwing the bridal shower…My question is, should I be planning for it now? Which month should it be? I was thinking maybe the end of October/early November but maybe thats to early….All suggestions would be greatly appreciated 😉

16 Comments

1. JokerGrl22☮ says:

you should do it in january. and yea start planning for it now cus you never want to do it at the last minute

2. chocolate says:

about six to eight weeks

3. dein_85 says:

Six weeks to a month before is the general consensus. Some have it two months before and some two weeks. Just depends on the schedule of the wedding and how busy the bride is. I would say two months would be ideal because the closer you get to the wedding, the busier she is going to be.

4. Dianne H says:

I would give the shower around the beginning of January. I hope this helps

5. Megs says:

Roughly 6 to 8 weeks before the wedding. Unless schedules don’t allow of course. If you are having Out Of Town guests you might want to get some advance planning started so they can make arrangements to be there for the bridal shower.

6. Kels says:

Several weeks before the wedding. Not too late to conflict with bigger things or the party but not too early either. Early Nov. would be ok but I think thats a little early. I think early Jan would be best. Its after all the major holidays but not too close to the wedding itself. Besides she will prob have several showers and yours will be one the “bigger” ones since your the maid of honor. This way you will prob be one of the last ones. Make sure to send the invitations out sevearl weeks early as well. Good luck 🙂

7. jennafer719 says:

A few weeks before the wedding

8. brownnnnsugarrrr says:

At least 1 month before the bid day.

9. Zatil says:

If things aren’t too hectic, mid-Jan is the best. Otherwise, early-Jan.

10. Sage says:

My bridal shower was six weeks before the wedding.

11. Luv2Answer says:

Normally it would be 4 to 8 weeks before. In this instance because it’s near the holidays I would say the second week of January, once Christmas and New Years are over and people aren’t so busy and have some extra money again. October is much too early.

12. Sunny says:

my wedding etiquette book says the shower should be 4 to 6 weeks before the wedding. mine was about 6 weeks before. i’m going to one for one of my friends this month and it will be 4 weeks before. so for a 2-07-09 wedding, the shower should be anywhere between December 26th to January 10th. I think october/november is too early.

13. PugMom says:

ABout 4 to 6 weeks before the wedding. Talk to the bride though and find out what her schedule looks like. Since the wedding is the beginning of February, having a shower the beginning if January may be difficult right after the holidays.

14. Reese says:

I’m actually having my bridal shower the month before my wedding, hope that helps! Good Luck

15. ebonymcknny23 says:

the week before the wedding is the latest but thats good…. very exciting

16. mcdug says:

Try visiting this online forum. Since it is focused on wedding, you have a better chance to find your answer there. This is a common place for couples and wedding professionals to exchange their ideas. You can search for similar question, post your questions there or chats with others who seek the same interests.