Is it rude to register at multiple places for my bridal shower?

What are good ways to use peacock feathers in our wedding?
July 29, 2011
Me in my wedding dress. What do you think?
July 29, 2011

Is it rude to register at multiple places for my bridal shower?

The New Mrs. Walker!!! asked:

I would like to register at Target for everyday household needs, William & Sonoma for kitchen stuff and Linens and Things for our bedroom linens. Is that tacky or is that ok. Note that we do have about 400 people invited to the wedding. Thank You!

7 Comments

1. ask_away says:

That is actually very considerate. That way your guests get to choose how far they want to drive, how much they want to spend, etc. If I were a guest, I would really appreciate having multiple options. I cannot imagine anyone having a problem with that.

2. Skywalker says:

No, It is quite alright to do so. Being specific as to what you want and from where saves a lot of time in returning unwanted gifts. Saves on hurt feelings too when you don’t keep something someone gave you.

3. the_divine_bubbablue says:

Registering for wedding gifts at one or more locations is never tacky and is in fact quite thoughtful. You open a registry solely to make your guests’ lives easier; having more than one registry is a good thing, as few stores sell a wide range of items any more. (Not everyone can afford Williams-Sonoma these days, for instance, but most people can afford Target). If you decide on only one registry, choose the cheapest, especially given the economic situation these days.

The only thing about registries that is tacky (and ultra-tacky at that) is including registry cards in your invitations. That’s absolutely wrong and will insult many guests, since it’s an implication that a gift is mandatory. Just add a page to your wedding website stating where you’re registered and let your parents know: that way if anyone asks them, they can pass on the information (and most people do know to ask these days).

4. simii says:

i Dnt know much

5. Sexy lil Bride 6/21/08 says:

No it’ll give you excellent options on your gifts. And you know that you’re guests may not all be able to get something out of a more expensive store so they may be a little more prone to get you something nice out of a store like Target where they feel more comfortable.
    I registered at Jcpenny and Target and I know people will probable give me a thumbs down for what I just said but people actually thanked me for registering at both because they could not afford it and were just not in a financial place to get me something really nice ($80-100) out of Jcpenny. So those people went to Target and saw I had put nice stuff from Target that was more in their price range. It just gives your guests more options regardless if it has anything to do with price.

6. Destiny'sDream says:

No. It will give them an opportunity to chose which store they would like to shop at. Some stores may be closer to them, or some stores may not even be available to them. So it is good to have choices.

7. Valerie N says:

The way you’re doing it is okay.